Health has been the world’s focus over the past several weeks.
Staying healthy. Avoiding contamination. Stacking the odds in your favor.
This is exciting for me, since I’ve been beating the drum of health and fitness for years – way before we even knew what COVID19 was.
That’s right—I’ll never get tired of telling you how important exercise is to your health and maybe now more WILL LISTEN.
Did you know that many of your health problems will improve or even disappear as the result of a consistent exercise program?
Did you know your controllable risk factors include physical inactivity and obesity?
I’ve seen exercise change lives.
I’ve even seen exercise save lives.
1. Feel Great: The first thing that clients tell me after starting an exercise program is how much better they feel. People don’t realize how bad they feel. They get used to feeling bad. Then when they start exercising they feel so much better.
Your energy levels boost and you feel great.
2. Pain Be Gone: Next clients notice a reduction in aches and pains. Chronic muscle and joint pain that they’ve lived with for years begins to fade. For some, joint replacement surgery is postponed. For others, arthritis pain is reduced.
Your muscles and joints feel better than ever.
3. Goodbye Coronary Heart Disease: While you can’t feel this healing benefit of exercise, it is the one that saves lives. Exercise removes two of the major risk factors that lead to heart disease: 1) physical inactivity and 2) obesity. Exercise also increases your good cholesterol (HDL) and lowers your blood pressure.
Your risk of heart attack or stroke is reduced.
4. Goodbye Type 2 Diabetes: Clients with type 2 diabetes gain substantial benefits from exercise. Exercise improves the body’s use of insulin, and the related weight loss improves insulin sensitivity. Of course, anyone with type 2 diabetes needs to get guidelines from their doctor before starting an exercise program.
Your blood sugar levels are better controlled.
5. Goodbye Sleep Apnea: Clients with sleep apnea are often caught in a destructive cycle. Their weight promotes occurrences of apnea then inadequate sleep promotes weight gain. Exercise reduces weight and helps to ease the symptoms of sleep apnea.
You sleep better.
With all of these benefits it’s hard to see why anyone would avoid exercise. What’s your excuse?
I know you’re tired…exercise gives you energy.
I know you’re in pain…exercise alleviates your muscle and joint pain.
I know you’d rather stay in bed…exercise makes your sleep more restful.
I know you’re pressed for time…exercise improves your efficiency and extends your life.
I know you don’t know where to start…that’s where I come in.
Reply to this email or call me and we’ll schedule a consultation where I can show you the fastest and safest way to reap all of the benefits of exercise.
Let’s get and stay healthy for the long haul!
And then, if a global pandemic ever strikes again you’ll be healthier than ever to fight infection and stay strong.
The Ideal You
Take a moment and imagine your ‘ideal you’.
What does the ‘ideal you’ look like? How does the ‘ideal you’ spend their time? Who would the ‘ideal you’ spend time with? What would the ‘ideal you’ accomplish?
The distance between you and your ‘ideal you’ can be closed.
When faced with decisions, big or small, do what your ‘ideal you’ would do, rather than taking the easy way out.
(I’m pretty sure that your ‘ideal you’ is a client of mine!)
Chorizo Egg Skillet
Here’s a flavorful and exciting way to start your day! Chorizo, eggs, tomatoes and arugula are the star ingredients in this protein filled breakfast skillet. Feel free to enjoy it for dinner or lunch as well!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
2 links chorizo, casing removed
½ yellow onion, chopped
15-oz can diced tomatoes
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 large eggs
1 cup arugula
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Place the chorizo links in a medium, oven-proof, skillet over low heat. Cook until all sides of the chorizo are browned. Periodically deglaze the pan with water. Allow the chorizo to cool, remove it from the skillet, and then slice each link into 10 pieces.
3. Sauté the onion in the leftover chorizo fat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the can of tomatoes to the skillet. Arrange the halved cherry tomatoes and slices of chorizo around the edge of the skillet. Use a spoon to create four 2-inch wells in the tomato and egg mixture. Crack each egg into a ramekin and gently pour one egg into each well.
4. Place the skillet in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the eggs are set. Top with fresh arugula and season with sea salt and black pepper. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 289 calories, 20g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 17g protein.
If you enjoy this post I’d appreciate you sharing it with others who might like it as well.
Have an awesome day!
Hi, I’m Adrian. Master Coach, Online Personal Trainer, Author and Founder of LeaWay fitness, and I and the team want to give you everything you need to succeed in life. For over 10 years I’ve worked with Mums, Dads, CEO’s, Actors, Athletes, and Models.
I hope you enjoyed the blogs I made, Until next time