There are few things more frustrating than wanting to lose weight without any success.
Here are 7 reasons that your weight won’t budge…
Reason #1: Your Mind
Your mind is your number one ally when it comes to achieving your goals.
However, until your mind has been programmed for success, it will do more to derail your efforts than to help you.
• Take a few moments each day to visualize yourself at your ideal weight. Imagine how it feels to look the way you’ve always wanted.
• Protect your mind from any negative self-talk. If a negative thought comes to mind, immediately reject it.
• You want to be thin and fit, and yet you think of yourself as out-of-shape and fat. Re-program your mind to think of yourself as fit and attractive, and you will be well on your way toward achieving your goal.
• Give up the belief that you can’t achieve the body you’ve always dreamed of. See it first in your mind, and then in the mirror.
Reason #2: Your Fear
Change makes most of us nervous – even if it is a change in the right direction. You may not be consciously aware of the fear you have of getting into shape.
Until you conquer this fear, your weight loss efforts will be blocked by self-sabotage.
Professional speaker and author, Anthony Robbins, has outlined three specific beliefs that you must have in order to conquer your fear and instantly create a lasting change.
• Believe that something MUST change. You can’t be wishy-washy about it, You can’t be considering it. You can’t even be pretty sure about it. You’ve got to be rock solid.
• Believe that YOU must change it. You can’t pass the buck of responsibility and expect to lose weight. It’s on your shoulders. Other people will prove to be great assets in your journey, but in the end you are the one who is going to make it happen. You have to want this weight loss enough to make it your personal mission.
• Believe you CAN change it. You may have failed in the past, but that doesn’t matter. When you put your mind to it, you’re able to do amazing things. Do you believe that you are capable of losing weight? Once you own the belief that you can, you’ll be unstoppable.
Reason #3: Your Excuses
Your excuses for being out-of-shape are getting old. An excuse takes less immediate effort than an action, but in the long run the action taker always has the advantage. Don’t allow excuses to ruin your life any longer.
• Don’t skip out on your responsibilities with excuses, instead expect more from yourself.
• Focus on the big reason why you are losing the weight. Make a list of the benefits you’ll enjoy once you achieve your goal and read them first thing each morning.
• Remember that you can only have two things in life: excuses or results. Which do you want?
Reason #4: Your Commitment
How many times have you tried to lose weight, only to give up a week or two later? We live in a commitment-phobic world, so it’s no wonder that you routinely abandon your goals. If you truly want to lose fat then your commitment to the process is a must.
• The margin between success and failure is bridged by your commitment. Don’t give up until your goal has been achieved.
• Treat exercise with the same importance as a work meeting, and you’ll never skip it at the last minute. Find three available 30-45 minute time slots in your schedule and mark them (in pen) on your calendar. Now stick to your schedule.
• If you don’t give up, then you’ll never fail.
Reason #5: Your Diet
If you consistently eat the wrong food, then your weight loss efforts will all be in vain. To put it bluntly, you need to stop eating junk. Processed foods, refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup do not belong in your diet if you want to be in great shape. Cut these items out of your diet and replace them with real whole foods like lean meats, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and fruits.
• Don’t eat processed foods. Even though processed foods are accepted by our society, they contain tons of chemicals and empty calories that will make you sick and fat.
• Fat contains twice the caloric density of protein and carbohydrates, so make sure to limit the amount that you consume. Eat lots of lean proteins and wholesome carbohydrates from plants and whole grains.
• Vegetables, whole grains, fruits, nuts and seeds are filled with fiber and antioxidants which are vital for healthy weight loss. Snack on these instead of packaged treats.
Reason #6: Your Patience
It takes time to transform your body from fat to fit, even though you want it to happen overnight. Remind yourself that it took time to put the weight on, so it will take time to take the weight off. When you find your patience wavering, or when you encounter a frustrating plateau, do the following:
• Review your goal. Is it specific and measurable? Is it small and attainable, rather than monumental? Focus on your goal when the going gets tough.
• Make each workout a new experience. Challenge your body with different resistance, new exercises and a varied pace.
• Remember that anyone can have one great workout, but that won’t get you the body you want. The only way to achieve your goal is by consistently exercising and eating right, plain and simple.
Reason #7: Your Support
People who exercise alone are less challenged, less accountable and are more likely to fail. It makes sense. Who would rush to the gym or workout at home if no one is was waiting for them? Who would push themselves if no one was paying attention? Exercising alone is a recipe for disaster.
• Find a workout partner who is in better shape than you, or better yet, work with me, your local fitness expert, to guarantee your results.
• I am passionate about seeing you achieve results—don’t waste your time, energy and effort on mistakes.
• When you start a program with me, you suddenly have the upper hand on your fitness goals. I’ll be in your corner, coaching you each step of the way, keeping you accountable to workouts and giving you that dose of encouragement when you need it most.
Get serious about your results and begin the last fitness program that you’ll ever do.
It’s go time.
Write & Review
You could be making a valiant effort to lose weight, but if you eat too much each day then the number on your scale will not budge. Even if you think that you’re limiting calories, you won’t know unless you do a little research.
Get a small notebook to carry with you and jot down everything you eat for an entire week. Be sure to include the exact amount that you eat of each food item. At the end of the week do a tally of each day, and then figure out how many calories you eat on an average day.
Review your daily entries for items that are filled with empty calories – like cookies, candy or soda pop. These should be the first things that you cut out of your diet as you transform your body.
Guilt-Free Kale Chip Snack
Salty, crunchy snack foods are a weakness for most people. Instead of eating chips or popcorn or crackers, which quickly add up in unwanted pounds, make a batch of these delicious, crunchy kale chips. Kale chips are low in carbs and make a delicious crunchy snack.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
1 bunch kale, washed and torn, stems discarded
1 Tablespoon olive oil
dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl mix the kale pieces with all of the ingredients.
3. Spread evenly on foil-lined baking sheets.
4. Bake for 12 minutes, watching closely that they do not burn. Remove from oven when crispy.
One serving equals: 51 calories, 3g fat, 68mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g protein
Enjoyed today’s post?
I’d love to get to know you.🤓
Whenever you’re ready here are 3 ways I can help you become the fittest, strongest, healthiest, version of you:
1. 🤝 𝙋𝙍𝙄𝙑𝘼𝙏𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙎𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉 🤝
You have questions, we have answers.
Shoot me a DM or drop a comment below saying “#adrianlea” and I’ll shoot you a message so we can chat more about you, your situation, and how I can help.
2. ⚡️Check out my FREE Healthy Habits Lifestyle Guide below and send us your feedback⚡️
3. ☎️ 𝘽𝙊𝙊𝙆 𝘼 𝙉𝙊-𝙋𝙄𝙏𝘾𝙃 𝘽𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙈 𝙎𝙀𝙎𝙎𝙄𝙊𝙉 ☎️
No sales pitch. No scripts. No pressure.
That’s how we roll.
💎 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙋 𝘿𝙄𝙑𝙀 𝙄𝙉𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙈𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉 𝙋𝘼𝙂𝙀 💎
Not ready to talk just yet?
No worries… Take a deeper look into how the LeaWay Lifestyle Program works, and how it can work for you.